Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update – 28/4/2020
Hello BSC members, staff, volunteers and guests. BSC thanks you for your patience, and we hope to be back to smashing some clays soon.
In the interim, BSC has continued to work hard behind the scenes to ensure we are in the best possible condition when we can reopen, including:
- the delivery of a container of clay targets and two pallets of ammunition
- the demolition of the old tower
- the removal of three large skips of scrap steel and a large amount of rubbish
- ground works, including mowing, slashing and clearing of small undergrowth/regrowth
- a cleanout and organisation of our administrative paperwork
- minimising expenditure and managing invoicing to sustain our savings wherever possible.
BSC would like to thank:
John English, Jason Pole, Phil Cranston, Daniel Gibson, Bob Geale, Ian Stark, Pieter Pretorius and Joe Clifford for their efforts.
At present, the BSC Committee is continuing to closely monitor the regulations and guidance provided to us, to determine when – and under what conditions we can reopen. It can be a complex issue, as we need to:
- consider our OHS duty of care/obligations towards our staff, volunteers, members and guests
- meet the ongoing legislative and health guidance being issued by federal, state and local government
- consider the feedback from the prime leaseholder (QRA)
- meet restriction for licensed premises (liquor & gaming)
- clarify the ability for us to be able to sell ammunition.
BSC has been working through numerous operational scenarios for reopening – this may take the form of multiple Compak layouts rather than walk throughs. This decision will largely be driven by regulatory guidance from the Qld. Government on social distancing. It should be noted that Qld Police have attended site to investigate gunshots at QRA Belmont relating to non-essential travel/exercise/gatherings.
We have welcomed the helpful insight and suggestions from many persons on ways in which we should reopen – all of these make it to the committee level for regular discussion/updates. While many suggestions refer to golf clubs and their ability to operate – we are different in several ways. Rest assured – we want to get back to shooting just as much as you do, and we are making sure that as soon as soon as permitted and practical – we will do so.
Please regularly monitor BSC’s website, Facebook and Instagram pages for up to date information on our status.
From the BSC Committee